Steinway Lyngdorf is introducing 8K-ready HDMI 2.1 HDMI board updates for its flagship processors, Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1 and Steinway & Sons P300 2.1, to launch a new generation of home cinema, music, and gaming.
Continuing Steinway Lyngdorf’s technology approach to the AV market, the company will be using INVECAS chips in the new solutions, the company announced in a media statement.
INVECAS announced the world’s first HDMI 2.1 with HDCP 2.3 chip & IP solutions.
“Steinway Lyngdorf and INVECAS, Inc are collaborating in bringing the most advanced HDMI 2.1 home theater solutions to the market.” said Chandlee Harrell, Senior Director at INVECAS.
“Staying at the forefront of cutting-edge technology is a founding mission for Steinway Lyngdorf,” said Thomas Birkelund, CEO of Steinway Lyngdorf.
“Our partnership with INVECAS represents just that, another step forward in providing our clients and partners with the very latest technologies for innovative video/audio experiences.”
Key features of HDMI 2.1 include:
- 8K 50/60Hz, 40 Gbps and 4K 100/120Hz, 18 Gpbs as outlined in the HDMI 2.1 specification
- Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
- Support for Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) mode
- Support for static and dynamic HDR allowing for extended dynamic range and wide color gamut support
- HDCP 2.3 premium content protection